Our feature request portal is managed directly by our Product Management team, giving you a direct line to ask for changes and new features. You can subscribe, comment, and vote for existing requests to show your interest.
To Make a Feature Request
- Open the portal at https://saucelabs.ideas.aha.io.
- Search the existing ideas.
If someone else has requested a feature, adding a vote and/or comment makes it clearer that many customers are interested in that feature.
- Click Add a new idea if no one has requested this feature.
- Choose a product.
If you're not sure what product the feature relates to, choose General Ideas.
- Give your idea a brief summary under Your idea.
- Add more details in the Please add more details field.
The more clearly we understand what a feature is for and who it helps, the better we can help. You can find an optional, suggested template below.
- Enter your email address under Tell us who you are.
- Click Share Idea.
Feature Request Template Suggestion
- A short paragraph explaining why the feature is needed and why the current product is lacking
- A short paragraph explaining who the feature benefits, for example "All mobile testers" or "Developers fixing UI bugs"
- A short paragraph explaining how you think the idea should work (if relevant)
Feature Request Example
Product: General Ideas
Your Idea: Capture HAR files automatically
HAR Files are a standard format for recording HTTP traffic. They are used to debug page loading problems and track request and response times. Locally, they can be captured using an intercepting proxy or the Developer tools in a browser, but when using Sauce Labs there is no easy way to capture this information.
This feature would be useful for anyone trying to debug a page loading problem, check that proper requests were being made, or figure out why certain assets don't load. It would be useful for customers and Sauce support staff.
It would work by automatically capturing a HAR file, just like all the other logs currently captured. By visiting the Logs tab, users can view and download the HAR file for a given test. It should also be accessible via the REST API.